We know that in everything God works for the good of those who love him. They are the people he called, because that was his plan. Romans 8:28

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day #5..pictures and chuckwagons










Since we put off taking pictures yesterday, that was today's main project.  We got up and ate at the hotel and got dressed and headed out.  We turned quite a few heads with our matching outfits!  I was over all pleased with the pictures.  I am still having trouble with one of my lenses and had to delete several, but I got some really good ones.  We went to three main places to take pictures.  We started off with the mountains and the flowers, which was one of my favorite places last year.  I won't post all of them because I took a ton, but I will post a few.  I do have to say that these were not my favorite.  They are good, but not my favorite!






















Next, we went to the barn.  It was also one of my favorite places last year (but then what wasn't!).  These are my favorite ones, I have to say.  The kids saw the ground squirrels here for the first time.  You would have thought they discovered gold the way they carried on about them!  This barn was redone by a group of folks, but I can't remember the details from our wildlife tour last year.  But, really, the pictures speak for themselves!
I really didn't get a great one of all of us.  I was having trouble with the lens.




















After the barn, there was another group of buildings right down the road.  Here is a picture I took there.  I loved this barn with the old working pens.


Next we headed to the reflective pond.  I love this place!  By this time we were tired and hot, but the pictures were still pretty good.  Just remember, you have to forget what these look like for the Christmas cards! 

This is all I am going to post here, you will have to see the rest later.


We came back to town and changed clothes.  We headed down town to a place Eley and I ate at last year, Mountain High Pizza Pie.  Eley didn't feel good today, so we went back to the hotel and I sat with the kids while they swam and he rested. We came back and got ready for our chuck wagon ride and dinner tonight.  We got dressed and headed down there.  I have to say it was a lot of fun.  We got into modernized covered wagons, and rode 2 miles up the creek to our dinner spot.

Getting ready to pull out in our new bandanas



At our table


The band

where we got our grub

Wyatt and Garrett helping out with a song

our wagon

Wyatt sitting on our guides lap helping her drive the horses

It was really a great time.  As I said before, Eley didn't feel well today, and I had a  little bit where  I  didn't either.  Tonight Garrett was feeling bad.  I think we have had a touch of altitude sickness, or something.  Hopefully all will be well tomorrow.  We have repacked and are headed to Yellowstone the next two days.  It may be possible that I have no cell service or wireless tomorrow night.  So if you don't hear from me, we haven't been eaten by bears!  Just out of technology :)   I will be talking to you soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment